While being a swim coach is very rewarding, it does take a toll on my skin. Constant exposure to the sun and chlorinated pool water leads to sunburnt, dry and damaged skin. Usually at the end of a long hard day, I am usually too tired to use a moisturizing face mask at home.
With the lockdown going on, what better way to spend time than to have a hydration face mask treatment at home? The benefits of using a hydrating face mask include restoring moisture to the skin, especially the lower layers, effecting plumping up the skin again. This will reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and makes applying makeup easier. Using just a little bit of foundation will give the skin a smooth, matte appearance.
After spending just 30 minutes with a hydrating face mask sheet on my face, this is how my skin looks:
Here are simple, easy-to-follow steps to smoother, radiant and younger looking skin:
- Use a gentle facial scrub, such as Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub, to exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells, as well as removing any remaining traces of grime and makeup.
- Rinse the scrub with warm water.
- Place a hydrating face mask on the face, and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes. I used the Pure Natural Ginseng Mask Sheet from the SAEM. This mask can be purchased from stores or online. I got mine at a duty free store at the Singapore Airport.
- Remove the mask. If there is still moisturizing mask fluid in the packaging, put the mask back into the pack to absorb the remaining moisturizing mask fluid.
- Place the mask on the neck and chest or décolletage area. This helps moisturize and reduce wrinkles on the neck and chest area, which is common in women aged forty or older.
- Apply an eye cream under the eyes. I use Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream.
- Apply a good moisturizer to the rest of the face, neck and chest. I use Belif Moisturizing Bomb.
- I complete my home hydrating face mask treatment by applying Belif First Aid Overnight Skin Regeneration Mask all over my face, neck and chest area. This is a leave on mask to seal the moisture in my skin. This also helps my moisturizer to better penetrate my skin.
If you follow the steps outlined above, you will find that your skin is way smoother than before. Any lines will also be less visible. Your skin will also feel extremely hydrated.